Maria Antonia Brovelli
Degree with honors in Physics, PHD in Geodesy. Researcher at the National Geophysical Institute. Researcher, Associate Professor (Digital Cartography, GIS, Internet GIS) and then Full Professor at Polytechnic of Milan . For 4 years she has taught also a GIS course at the ETH – Zurich.
She is co-chair of ISPRS WG IV/5 "Distributed and Web-Based Geoinformation Services and Applications”, Associate Editor of the magazine Applied Geomatics (Springer); Member of the Scientific Committee of the Italian Photogrammetric and Topography Society (SIFET); Member of OSGEO Education Committee, member of the Advisory Board of the Open Source Geospatial Lab at the Center for geospatial science, University of Nottingham.
From 2001 to 2010 she has been the scientific responsible of the Geomatics Laboratory of the Polytechnic of Milan.
Since 2011 she is Vice Rector for the Como Campus of Politecnico di Milano.
She has been developing her scientific activity within geodesy and geomatics since 1988, by participating in national and international research projects. Initially devoted to research in physical geodesy, radar-altimetry and statistical analysis, after becoming an associate professor, she focused her interests on digital mapping and geographic information systems, free and open source GIS theory and applications representing one of her main research issues.
She was and is responsible for research contracts and consultancy related to the design and implementation of Geographic Information Systems; web Geoservices, GPS data processing systems, Digital Terrain Models, LIDAR.
Relevant publications (see www.polimi.it for the most recent ones):
- Brovelli M. A. and F. Sansò, 1990, Gradiometry: the study of the Vyy component in the BVP approach, Manuscripta Geodaetica, Vol.15, n.4, Springer-Verlag, New York, pp.240-248. (ISSN: 0340-8825)
- R. Barzaghi, Brovelli M. A. and F. Sacerdote, 1990, Altimetry-gravimetry problem: an example, International Association of Geodesy Symposia 104: Sea Surface Topography and the Geoid (H. Suenkel, T. Baker eds.), Springer-Verlag, New York, pp.87-94. (LCCN 90009523)
- R. Barzaghi, Brovelli M. A. and P. Knudsen, 1991, Different cross-over analysis methods applied in the Mediterranean area, Bollettino di Geofisica Teorica ed Applicata, vol.XXXIII, n.130-131, Giugno- Settembre 1991, pp.121-128. (ISSN 0006-6729)
- R. Barzaghi and Brovelli M. A. , 1991, Preprocessing of Altimetric Data in the Mediterranean Area, International Association of Geodesy Symposia 106: Determination of the Geoid, Present and Future (R.H. Rapp, F. Sansò eds.), Springer-Verlag, Berlin, New York, pp.449-462 (ISBN 0387974709 (New York) 3540974709 (Berlin))
- Brovelli M. A. , F. Migliaccio and F. Sansò, 1992, A BVP Approach to the Reduction of Spaceborne Gradiometry: Theory and Simulation, International Association of Geodesy Symposia 110: From Mars to Greenland; Charting Gravity with Space and Airborne Instruments (O.L. Colombo ed.), Springer Verlag, New York, pp.169-179. (ISBN 0387978577 (New York : acid-free paper) 3540978577 (Berlin : acid-free paper))
- R. Rummel, M. Van Gelderan, R. Koop, E. Schrama, F. Sansò, Brovelli M. A. , F. Migliaccio, F. Sacerdote, 1993, Spherical Harmonic Analysis of Satellite Gradiometry, Publications on Geodesy, new series, number 39, Netherland Geodetic Commission, Delft, The Netherlands (LCCN 94213658)